ESC VOLUNTEERING PROJECT
The ESC VOLUNTEERING PROJECT aims to address multiple challenges faced by the community in Center North Dambovita, Romania. The objectives include improving the participation of youth in civic and democratic life, promoting active citizenship and environmental education, promoting healthy life style, supporting young people in accessing volunteering and educational opportunities, and promoting tolerance, inclusion, and diversity. The project includes various activities such as workshops, consultations, campaigns, and a Help Desk YOUth Point, which will involve ESC volunteers to achieve successfully the objectives and impact our local community.
NEEDS AND OBJECTIVES
The project aims to address various needs within the Center North Dambovita community. These include:
- Migration of young people from rural areas to urban schools, resulting in isolation, conflicts, and low civic participation in those rural areas.
- Lack of active citizenship skills and environmental education, leading to indifference the environment.
- Limited access and participation of disadvantaged youth in volunteering, internships, and study abroad programs.
- Insufficient career guidance and support in areas like CV writing, interview skills, and entrepreneurship.
- Promotion of tolerance, inclusion, and diversity to combat stereotypes, discrimination, bullying, and hate speech.
- To develop the social dimension of the community through workshops, consultations, and campaigns on active citizenship, environmental education, and wellbeing.
- To establish a Help Desk YOUth Point to provide support services and activities for young people, including workshops and career guidance services.
- To promote tolerance and inclusion through programs addressing stereotypes, discrimination, bullying, and hate speech.
Expected results include
- Increased youth participation in civic life and volunteering activities.
- Improved environmental awareness and behavior.
- Enhanced collaboration between local authorities, youth, NGOs, and the community.
- Increased access to national and international opportunities for young people, along with improved soft skills and career opportunities.
- Decreased levels of discrimination, bullying, and hate speech, and improved social cohesion.
OPEN ESC VOLUNTEERING PROJECT OPPORTUNITIES:
- Be You 3×3 Challenge Festival – 04/08/2023 to 17/09/2023 – 8 PLACES AVAILABLE
- Youth for a Better Future – 10/08/2023 to 10/02/2024 – 0 PLACES AVAILABLE
- Youth for a Better Future – 11/02/2024 to 08/08/2024 – 2 PLACES AVAILABLE
- Help Desk YOUth – 10/08/2023 to 10/02/2024 – 1 PLACE AVAILABLE
- Help Desk YOUth – 11/02/2024 to 08/08/2024 – 2 PLACES AVAILABLE
- Youth for Diversity and Inclusion Programme – 10/08/2023 to 10/02/2024 – 1 PLACE AVAILABLE
- Youth for Diversity and Inclusion Programme – 11/02/2024 to 08/08/2024 – 2 PLACES AVAILABLE