COMPASS was training course under Erasmus+ programme on the topic of youth work, healthy lifestyle and sport.
Period of mobility
The training course was implemented between 11-19 May 2022
The Compass name represents not only the main tool that participants used during the orienteering run but also the metaphor of the situation that gave rise to this project. Youth workers learnt how to give young people good tips and to show them the right path to a healthy and active life.
EUROPEJSKIE FORUM MŁODZIEŻY “FRATERNITAS” – coordinating organisation
ASOCIATIA BE YOU
SYSTEM & G
INNOVAFORM KOZHASZNU NONPROFIT KFT
ASSOCIAÇÃO DE DEFESA DO PATRIMÓNIO CULTURAL NATURAL DE SOURE
NEO DOGA SPORLARI KULUBU
“Compass” project aimed to improve the competences and to educate youth workers in the field of healthy and active lifestyle and sport, and to equip them with innovative tools for working with young people.
The target group of the project were youth workers (they are professionals or volunteers) interested to look for new solutions for taking up the topic of healthy and active life and sport as well. Participants were motivated and able to develop activities for young people on the project topic. The willingness to develop and share their professional and personal competences, express pro-active ideas was decisive for the project objectives.
The project goal was achieved by:
- Raising awareness about the importance of living a healthy lifestyle and about the consequences if its neglected;
- Sharing good practices related to physical activity and healthy habits and their impact on improving the quality of life of young people in Europe;
- Training youth workers on strategies and actions to address the challenges of a lack of willingness to live a healthy lifestyle among young people / society as a whole;
- Equipping youth workers with the necessary knowledge and tools such as orienteering and outdoor as a method of working with young people;
- Cooperation between youth organizations and involvement of young people from local communities;
- Building new initiatives in the field of active lifestyles for young people and sport under the Erasmus + program.