Active Youth is a youth exchange that aims to increase the level of youth involvement in the community civic and democratic life.
Youth exchange: 20 – 29 November 2022
Place: Târgoviște, Dambovița Hotel
Participants: 32 young people and 7 group leaders
Topics: youth participation, involvement in civic and democratic life, volunteering.
Our communities and society become more equitable and inclusive when all people get involved and act as active citizens. Starting early the civic education can become a habit of civic engagement that will last a lifetime.
When all young people develop healthy civic habits, skills and commitments, our communities will become more inclusive and tolerant. It will be a place where all young people can find a proper place for personal and professional development.
When youth feel empowered to take action within the community, and when they see their efforts achieve positive change, the impact on community is profound and lasting.
Unfortunately, youth participation to civic life, involvement in associations and volunteering is still low. They prefere to stay apart considering that community problems doesn’t affect them. They prefer to stay apart, believing that the problems of the community do not affect them and that they will soon migrate to bigger cities or more developed countries.
- Asociatia Be You – Romania – coordinator
- Associazione Link APS – Italy
- CET PLATFORMA Skopje – North Macedonia
- DefineTely Maybe Gr – Greece
- Seagull Youth Association – Turkey
- European Youth Centre Břeclav – Czech Republic
- ASOCIACIJA AKTYVISTAI – Lithuania
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The project aim is to increase community engagement of young people by promoting youth participation, active citizenship, inclusion and diversity.
- To increase the level of knowledge, skills and aptitudes of youth in the field youth involvement and foster active citizenship;
- To raise awareness of young people about the importance of participation to community civic and democratic life;
- To empower young people to become change makers in their communities;
- To promote inclusion and diversity among young people.
The target group for the youth exchange consists of 32 young people aged between 18-28 and 7 group leaders aged over 25, with no upper age limit.
Young people who will take part in this youth exchange should be interested in the project topic and motivated to acquire knowledge and skills in youth participation, community engagement, participation to civic and democratic life.
HOW DO YOU APPLY?
- Read complete information available in the ACTIVE YOUTH INFOPACK
- Fill in application form https://forms.gle/PkxyTsxxBm6dNENPA
Deadline for applications 15 October 2022