Youth Work Coaching
The Erasmus+ Project Youth Work Coaching was a step nearer to social inclusion with qualitative youth work and coaching during the seminar held in Cagliari, Italy, between 2 – 6 August 2021.
Objectives of Youth Work Coaching, social inclusion activities:
To share good practices that will help youth workers to improve their field of youth work;
To increase the knowledge on coaching, and to support young people in their work;
To discuss the topic of social inclusion and develop new strategies aimed at tackling the issue;
To develop a manual that collects the best practices discussed that will help coaches in their work with youth.
The seminar involved 22 participants from 10 different countries with experience in Youth work, mentoring, coaching and social inclusion.
The learning path conversed the following areas:
- getting to know each other;
- definition of coaching and social inclusion;
- importance of youth work and coaching in the inclusion of socially marginalized youth;
- in depth analysis of the coaching processes and sharing of best practices.
Participants were involved in several activities aimed at supporting the sharing of their ideas and tools, along with a deep evaluation phase for each of the practices presented, in order to give inputs and feedback to it, further improving it.
Participants have prepared:
1) Statistics of the country;
2) Possible policies on coaching youth;
3) National funds or programs for coaching young people;
4) Good practices (activity, program, training module, digital courses, tools) for coaching young people and which had successful results.
Non-formal education methodology and learning by doing principles such as debates, group work, brainstorming, role-play, case studies, world cafè, where do you stand and many others methods were used to approach the seminar topics. Also it were included digital platforms such as Mentimeter, Padlet, Wordwall and others.
The youth workers developed their knowledge and competences about coaching, made exchange of good practices in youth work that they will apply in the current activity within the organization.